Thursday, February 21, 2008

Phase Two


I am not so sure how this is all going to work out.

The weather as been so bizarre, clear crisp sunny days.
We did hit freezing here the other day, but it is not the usual winter.

I salted and resalted the pork and for fear of the wam weather left it in the fridge.

At the end of the salting period, I rinsed off the pork and let it sit out for the day to dry.

I then made the final rub with rosemary, garlic, black pepper, chili powder and salt.

Gave it all a nice rub and with the butcher paper Gabrielle gave me
I am going to tie it up to hang and age later today.

The meat weighed 2,400kg when I started and now weighs 2,100 kg.

In my reading, I think it says it should lose 60% of it's weight.

Dario is back from vacation so will go to my local Master of meat and get more info!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home